Investing in your child’s K-12 education is a priority for parents across Arizona and the nation.
Even though we receive limited funding, PVSchools has made it a priority to keep dollars in the classroom to support teachers and programs.
According to the 2014 Auditor General’s Report, PVSchools out performs the state average and the peer district average for the percent of funds spent in the classroom. Additionally, we were recognized by the Washington, D.C. Center for American Progress as one of the top districts in Arizona for providing students a big academic “return on investment” for high achievement and low cost operations.
What else makes PVSchools a leader in academic opportunities? Our teachers, programs and volunteers!
PVSchools has implemented many programs that you may not find elsewhere, including:
- New North Valley Arts Academies offered at Desert Cove Elementary, Shea Middle and Shadow Mountain High. The North Valley Arts Academies at PVSchools provides a well-rounded seamless education from fifth-12th grade that is focused on the performing and visual arts in addition to the rigorous curriculum that is offered.
- Gifted Preschool offered at four locations – Desert Trails Elementary, Desert Cove Elementary, Fireside Elementary and North Ranch Elementary
- Montessori Preschool offered at Mercury Mine Elementary
- Center for Research, Engineering, Science and Technology (CREST) offered at Paradise Valley High
- Foreign Language Immersion – Mandarin offered at Whispering Wind Academy, and Spanish offered at Sandpiper Elementary
- K-12 International Baccalaureate offered at Quail Run Elementary, Vista Verde Middle and North Canyon High
- Night Classes offered at Sweetwater Community School and is open to students across the Valley
- Suzuki Strings offered at Desert Shadows Elementary
Even if you don’t live in the PVSchools boundaries, you can still attend one of our schools through open enrollment. Applications will be accepted until Jan. 21 for the 2016-17 school year, with Early Bird applications due by Dec. 1.
Volunteers play an important role in the classroom, and we highly encourage our community to take an active role. Our award-winning Volunteer in Paradise program provides academic assistance to students in kindergarten-sixth grade.
Learn more at http://www.pvschools.net/VIP.
Your child’s educational investment is our top priority; let your child’s Journey of Excellence begin at PVSchools.
To learn more about these incredible opportunities, award-winning signature programs and open enrollment options, visit our website at www.pvschools.net or call 602-449-2000.
Dr. Lee is the superintendent for the Paradise Valley Unified School District.