The Town of Paradise Valley mayor and town council recently appointed six residents to the newly-created Advisory Committee on Public Safety along with Council Member Maria Syms who will serve as chair.
The resident members are:
* Victoria Bellomo-Rosacci is a practicing attorney who worked as a City of Phoenix prosecutor and is currently with Phoenix Law Enforcement Association providing legal services to Phoenix law enforcement personnel.
* Larry Fink has been a member of the Paradise Valley Police Department volunteer program for five years.
* Paul Moore has an extensive background in public safety computer systems including sales, installation, and development.
* Jay Ozer is a business consultant focusing on strategic planning and merges and acquisitions. Previously he was a senior partner at Arthur Andersen for 34 years.
* Richard Post brings a wide range of experience to the committee as a former U.S. Army Military Police Officer, CIA Clandestine Services Officer, chairman of the Criminal Justice Program at the University of Wisconsin, and instructor at the School of Police Administration at Michigan State University.
* Jennifer Schwarz is a licensed attorney and a Realtor with Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage.
All six resident members also served on the Public Safety Task Force.
“The Advisory Committee on Public Safety will be a valuable tool in serving as a liaison between the police department and the community and continue the momentum started by the Public Safety Task Force”, said Council Member Syms.
The committee was established by the town council in March 2015 to work with town Officials to promote resident participation and engagement in the annual review of the Public Safety Strategic Plan and engage the community on public safety issues.