Sanctuary on Camelback Mountain is adding some flair to summer with a new “Bar Brawl” series.
In the spirit of friendly rivalry, top local talent will square off from behind the bar to raise the championship belt and a chance to win a Las Vegas getaway.
The competition launches July 19 with matchups at jade bar every Sunday through Aug. 16. Weekly winners will advance to semi-finals on Aug. 23 and Aug. 30, and the champion brawl will be held Sept. 13.
Each brawl kicks off at 8:30 p.m. and goes three rounds focused on a specific spirit, with the program emceed by Executive Chef Beau MacMillan and refereed by Sanctuary’s lead mixologist, Eddie Aces.
Resulting cocktails are judged by a panel of local celebrities, and the winner of two rounds on any given night will move to the semi-finals.
The Bar Brawl line-up:
• July 19: Vodka – Keifer Gilbert of Counter Intuitive vs. Andrew Calisterio of Crudo.
• July 26: Gin – Stephanie Teslar of Blue Hound Kitchen vs. Michael Liberatore of Citizen Public House.
• Aug. 9: Bourbon – Clint Spotleson of Renaissance Phoenix Downtown Hotel vs. Tony Pharias of Tarbell’s.
• Aug. 16:Rum – Kyle Mason of Omni Scottsdale Resort & Spa at Montelucia vs. Alexa Bowler of Olive & Ivy.
• Aug. 23: Semi-finals.
• Aug. 30: Semi-finals.
• Sept. 13: Championship: Bar Brawl “Bar Master” crowned.
Sanctuary on Camelback Mountain is located at 5700 E. McDonald Drive, Paradise Valley.