Girls Golf Phoenix and the Junior Golf Association of Arizona announced that they will host a free day-long special event and tournament at Papago Golf Course to celebrate the city of Phoenix’s official proclamation of Sept. 5 as “Girls Golf Day.”
“It’s incredible to see so many young women make an effort to learn and grow through golf,” stated Cori Alberdi, director of Girls Golf Phoenix, in a press release. “We’re excited to have the support of the community, and even more excited to show young women the opportunities that the game of golf can create for them throughout their lives.”
Girls in attendance will receive complimentary group lessons, golf clinics, free giveaways and special deals on merchandise, fun games, ice cream social and more, according to the release.
For more information, visit www.GirlsGolfOfPhoenix.org.
Schedule of Events
Papago Golf Course (http://www.papagogolfcourse.net/), 5595 E. Moreland St. in Phoenix 85008.
- 9:30 a.m.: Participant check-in begins
- 10 a.m.- 11:30 a.m.: “These Girls Rock!” golf clinic. Free for all girls of all abilities ages 5-years-old or older, this special clinic will be hosted by LPGA players, The First Tee of Phoenix and Vision54, featuring Pia Nelson and Lynn Marriot, “Golf Digest’s” top two female instructors in America, stated the release. RSVP to Tina Barrett firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 11 a.m.-3 p.m.: Sponsor/vendor opportunities with free giveaways, raffle prizes, merchandise deals and games – open to all girls and their families.
- 12 p.m.: Ice Cream Social (courtesy of The Neighborhood Treatery) and presentation to honor designation of Sept. 5 as Girls Golf Day. Open to all girls and their families.
- 12:30 p.m.: Tee times begin for the golf tournament (registration required, deadline is Aug. 31). Open to all course-ready members of Girls Golf Phoenix ages 3 or older, membership and tournament registration is available at www.girlsgolfofphoenix.org, or contact Cori Alberti at email@example.com with questions.
- 4 p.m.–6 p.m.: Conclusion of play, awards ceremony and dinner for tournament players with local food truck Luncha Libre.