You’re never too old to go to camp and while the kids are away on their summer adventures, it means it’s time for the adults to enroll in the 2015 Summer Cocktail Camp.
This crash course in specialty cocktail making will kick off its second year on June 14. Each session will feature one of the Valley’s leading bartenders/mixologists and be held at a different local hotspot around town. According to a press release, Phoenix Magazine editor Craig Outhier will act as a host for the camp and give guests the opportunity to meet industry professionals.
Each Cocktail Camp will be held from 1-3 p.m. on the second and fourth Sunday of the month from June through September. The list of bars featured is as follows:
• 6/28: Barrio Urbano – with Colton Brock
• 7/12: Last Drop Bar at Hermosa Inn – with Travis Nass
• 7/26: The Upton – with Ruth Condren
• 8/9: The Gladly – with Brian Goodwin
• 8/23: Counter Intuitive – with Jason Asher
• 9/13: Clever Koi – with Joshua James
• 9/27: DCM Bar at Desoto Market – with Jillian Jones
Reservations should be made by visiting, http://summercocktailcamp.instapage.com. Tickets are being sold for the price of $30 + tax/gratuity per person and can be paid at the venue on the day-of the event.
It will include three or four cocktails, a two-hour class and special takeaway gifts and a la carte food offered at an additional price, according to the release.