For several years, schools within the Paradise Valley Unified School District boundaries have been holding canned food drives to support the Paradise Valley Emergency Food Bank.
In the last few weeks, several schools have collected 15,478 pounds of canned goods for the food bank:
- Aire Libre Elementary School- 909 pounds
- Arrowhead Elementary School – 600 pounds
- Boulder Creek Elementary School – 4,615 pounds
- Cactus View Elementary School – 760 pounds
- Explorer Middle School 1,012 pounds
- Horizon High School – 300 pounds
- North Canyon High School – 3,625 pounds
- North Ranch Elementary School – 557 pounds
- Whispering Wind Academy – 3,100 pounds
To help the Paradise Valley Emergency Food Bank non-perishable food items may be donated to 10862 N. 32nd Street in Phoenix. In addition to canned goods, there is a need for hot and cold cereals, juices, dry milk, spaghetti, macaroni and cheese, peanut butter, jelly, baby food, detergent, soap, toilet paper and diapers.
Community members may also volunteer to collect, distribute food, stock shelves, answer the phone and staff the office. Cash contributions are acceptable as well. The Emergency Food Bank accepts checks payable to PV Emergency Fod Bank, which may be dropped off or mailed. Donations are also acceptable via PayPal.
For more information visit http://www.pvefb.org/index.htm.